- FREE customized immune-boosting program
- Personalized lifestyle coaching
- Individualized path to regain control
- Creating awareness of science-based factors
- Research-based articles
- Educational materials for prevention and control
- Learn about nutritional resources for minimizing treatment side effects and prevention of recurrence
- Understand the criteria for evaluating alternative cancer therapies
- Discover integrative, holistic, complementary or alternative methodologies
People like you love Beatcancer.org
When I share my story, people say, “gosh, you’re a miracle!” They can’t believe that I move so well on the tennis court (after two hip replacements) and feel so well (after three bouts of metastatic cervical cancer) and stay high-energy through the day. BeatCancer.org helped me through this life-threatening illness. Dr. Susan Silberstein showed me options: If I chose radiation, how would I cope with the side effects?
Consultants Arts Management
After numerous failed treatments for my Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, I was sent home from the hospital with best wishes. Around that time, I learned of an experimental drug being tested at Dana Farber in Boston, MA. There was one spot left in the study and it was my last hope for treatment, but it would entail weekly hops to Boston from Lancaster, PA. Even if I could have afforded the flights to Boston, I was neutropenic and commercial travel was not an option for me. Angel Flight East was there to help!
In 2006 I found a lump in my leg, about the size of a dime in my upper thigh. I thought nothing of it but after 3 months it didn't go away. The fact it hadn't gone away began to alarm me. I decided I wanted to see my dermatologist for a biopsy. They gave me a biopsy and it came back negative so they told me to go home and not to worry about it. However, I knew something wasn't right and that it shouldn't be there. So, I called them and told them I wanted to schedule surgery and wanted it cut out. They laughed at me and said it wasn't necessary. I told them I didn't care what they thought, I wanted an appointment for surgery. They finally agreed.
AS FEATURED IN
No items found.